Thursday, June 09, 2005

iTunes in the Taskbar!!

So, as I've already mentioned, I love iTunes. However, there was always an excellent feature of Windows Media Player that I missed while using iTunes. Microsoft actually turned the table on Apple this time and thought of something creative and brilliant first. However, fortunately, Apple has taken a page from Microsoft's book and learned to copy quickly.

The feature I am referring to is the ability for play controls to still be available even when the media player is minimized to the taskbar. This is great for someone like me who listens to music in the background all day long while working on other stuff. This way, when the phone rings or a song comes up that I don't like, I can control playback without restoring the application to full size.


Microsoft's Genius Idea

And now, as of version 4.7, iTunes has provided the same functionality!


Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V from the folks at Apple

For those of you who use Windows XP/2000 and want to use either Media Player or iTunes in a similar capacity, first download the latest version of either software by clicking on one of these links (Windows Media Player, iTunes). Then, once the software is installed, right-click in an empty part of the taskbar and choose the "Toolbars" option. Select either "Windows Media Player" or "iTunes" from the submenu that appears. Now, simply minimize your media player, and you're in business.

Who knows, maybe one day Apple will start putting Intel chips in their machines, too..... :)

Jorin

2 Comments:

At 6/10/2005 07:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Thanks for the advice. I usully have my media player going when we aren't playing school! I'm listening to Coldplay right now (just in case you were wondering!)

Necia

 
At 6/12/2005 02:05:00 PM, Blogger Schlick said...

Ha ha on the chips.

Thanks for the heads up. I was oblivious to this useful facet of the program. Maybe you should make another blog and call it "Technologial Prosperity." The code ignorant masses could use it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home