Thursday, August 25, 2005

Black Kettle Countdown - 9 Days

So, Rick has reminded me that I haven’t been providing due attention to my blog.

Journal Entry – 11:24 AM : Pot called Kettle “black.”

Just Kidding, but I didn’t even think to post a “giddy” countdown for the Dave Matthews Concert up here, but now that it has been brought to my attention….a countdown you shall have.  Let them eat cake.  (wow, that sounded kinda sinister…)

Anyway, Dave Matthews and his Band will be playing at the Smirnoff Music Centre on Saturday, September 3rd – 9 days away.  Rick, Tina, Cassie, and myself will be in attendance and dancing like fools.  If you were cool, you’d be coming too….

I figure in lieu of some sort of grand pomp and circumstance that would have required much more preparation, I will just provide daily links and trivia that will serve to edify all and continue to impress upon the world that Dave Matthews is one of the greatest singers, songwriters, and performers that this generation has known.

Today’s Trivia:  Dave Matthews’ father was a Physicist.

Check out these videos for his two most recent singles off his latest album: American Baby & Dream Girl  (youll never guess who the “dream girl” is…)

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-257048-videos--Dave-Matthews-Band

(I know, I know…I don’t like Yahoo! either, but for some reason iTunes doesn’t have any Dave videos and they don’t have any Dave songs besides the latest album!)

Until next time,

Jorin Slaybaugh

1 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 09:02:00 AM, Blogger Schlick said...

Wiping the crusty carbonation off of my seat, I somehow thought that posting pictures with vague comments counted towards a blog update. Plus, I should get extra credit for posting from a remote location in The Promised Land.

I hope Julia Roberts is at the concert and she brings Gweneth Paltrow and Elizabeth Shue. Is there an opening act?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home